Frequently Asked Questions
Click a question below to view the answer.
To create the best experience and practice for yourself and others, please observe the following etiquette:
- Please sign in at the front desk before each class (this is essential for payment purposes).
- If you are dropping in for a single class, please pay prior to class starting.
Preparing for Class
- Avoid practicing on a full stomach.
- Please do not wear scented perfumes, lotions, or oils as some people may be allergic.
- Wear comfortable athletic clothes.
- If you tend to sweat, bring a towel to class.
- Please arrive a few minutes before class begins.
- Turn off all electronics and leave them outside the room (or just leave them at home or in your car).
- Please bring your own mat for hygienic and energetic purposes. If you forget your mat, we may have a few available for your use (we also sell high quality, eco-friendly mats in our boutique). Please clean borrowed mats on each occasion before putting them away.
- Sealed water bottles are welcome in class. No other food or beverages in the yoga studios, please.
- Bring only what you need into the yoga practice space.
- Tell your teacher if you have any injuries or special conditions before beginning class. She may be able to give you modifications to make your yoga experience more safe and enjoyable.
- Remove shoes before entering the studio.
- Roll out your mat and set up your props quietly and neatly.
- Please be aware of the space around you so that you do not bump into your neighbors or step on their mats.
- Move your mat to make space in crowded classes.
- Please observe silence (or keep conversations at a low level) in the studios and hallway. You are welcome to come to class early to enjoy some relaxation if the room is available. Your practice begins when you enter the room. Please respect other students’ need for quiet and/or meditation.
- If you are running late, please be mindful to join the class quietly. As you roll out your mat, take a deep breath and then join the class.
- Remember that flexibility is not required. Don’t overextend yourself to complete a pose. Embrace where you’re at and do what feels comfortable.
- Please be still during chanting and meditation.
- Be mindful of others in class by focusing on your own practice, not comparing yourself to others. Do not measure yourself by another’s abilities.
- Please do not use our blankets to wipe sweat from the floor or your body.
- If you must leave the class early, please do so before savasana (final resting pose) so that it’s not disruptive to others.
Most importantly, come to yoga class with an open heart and an open mind.
Enjoy your yoga experience and always do what is right for you and your body. Yoga is all about taking care of you and accepting where you are! Create an intention before you begin yoga practice for yourself or perhaps for someone you know. The spirit of yoga embraces compassion, consciousness, and respect.
Thank you for participating in creating a sacred space for the practice of yoga.
Were all your questions answered? If not, feel free to contact us. We’re here to help.